Sunday 31 January 2010

The new McLaren MP4-25



The new McLaren MP4-25

A cool, clean graphic by Andrew Blenkinsop

Yesterday the McLaren team unveiled the 2010 car for the new F1 season

Jenson Button, last years champion, has joined the previous champion Lewis Hamilton

For the first time in a long time, there will be two bloody good drivers in the same team, competing for top spot, and winning points for the constructors championship

Normally lesser drivers are chosen to drive alongside the big guns, like Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna

Could be an interesting season. Richard Williams writing in the Guardian today says

"I actually called Martin and said, 'What do you think about Jenson?'" Hamilton said during today's launch of McLaren's 2010 grand prix car. "It was before the negotiations started. I was ­calling to ask what was happening, and I was told who they'd been talking to. I was trying to find out because people kept ­asking me. I was happy with the team-mate I already had but it seemed like they were looking for someone else. I have absolutely no input into it but I said, 'Have you talked to Jenson?' He's the best driver there is and they wanted to get the best driver possible."

Eyebrows were raised at this claim, coming from a competitor in a sport where it is acknowledged that every driver's first challenge is to grind his team-mate into the dust, as Hamilton did to Heikki Kovalainen, Button's predecessor, last ­season

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon - tell me how you feel